WV Eye Consultants is privileged to have Dr. Caleb Cart on its patient care team. Dr. Cart has extensive clinical experience, as he worked for multiple Optometry practices during his summer breaks in Optometry school. His focus of care includes Pediatrics, Ocular Disease, Contact Lens, and Primary Eye Care. He had a Special Rotation with the UABSO AIDB and Child Rehabilitation Services in the fall of 2016. Dr. Cart is from the Buffalo, WV, area where he returned after he graduated from Optometry school.
Dr. Cart will be providing Comprehensive Eye Exams and is accepting new patients as of January 2018. He is partnering with one of our surgeons, Jeff Sinclair, MD, creating a new surgical eye care team, joining the best of the Optometry and Ophthalmology professions. Dr. Cart will complete patients’ pre-operative and post-operative care while Dr. Sinclair performs the surgeries. This is a new practice model for West Virginia, but it is a successful model elsewhere in the United States. As always, WV Eye Consultants brings the newest and most technologically advanced care available to the tristate area.
- Dr. Cart is a 2017 graduate of the University of Alabama Birmingham, where he received his Doctor of Optometry.
- He received his undergraduate Bachelors of Science degree in biology at West Virginia University in 2011.
- He was a member and president of Sigma Theta Epsilon from 2008-2010
- Member of “The Pride of West Virginia” Mountaineer Marching Band from 2007-2009.
Hobbies and Interest
- Dr. Cart was very active in volunteerism during undergraduate and professional school, serving the Ministry Action team at First Church of the Nazarene in Birmingham from 2015-2016
- Center for Civic Engagement at WVU from 2009-2011
- Habitat for Humanity in 2008.
- In his spare time, Dr. Cart enjoys reading, working outdoors and spending time with his wife, Samantha, and their dog, Wednesday.
Dr. Cart is looking forward to caring for patients in the Charleston, Ripley and Point Pleasant areas. He will provide Comprehensive Routine Vision Exams to adults and children in our Charleston and Ripley offices and will be working with Dr. Sinclair and our surgical team in our Charleston and Point Pleasant offices. Call 304-343-3937 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Caleb Cart.