Dr. Odekirk is a board certified Optometrist with over three decades of eye care experience. He completed his undergraduate in 1983 in his home state of Iowa and then went to Optometry School at Illinois College of Optometry in 1987. He then opened his own practice in 1988 in Dunbar, WV and has successfully seen patients there for 33 years! Dr. Odekirk is also a member of both the American Optometric Association as well as the West Virginia Association of Optometric Physicians. Dr. Odekirk is an active member of the West Virginia Board of Optometry and is on the Board of Directors for the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO).
In his spare time, Dr. Odekirk enjoys spending time with his family hiking, bicycling, traveling, and writing. He lives in Charleston with his wife Nancy and has two adult children.
Dr. Odekirk will be seeing patients in our Beckley office!
- University of Iowa City, Iowa, Bachelor of Science, September 1979 – July 1983
- Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago Illinois, Doctorate, September 1983 – May 1987
Post Graduate Training
- Illinois College of Optometry, Resident, June 1987 – July 1988
- West Virginia Board of Optometry
- Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO)
- OE Tracker Committee
- COPE Committee
- ARBO Board of Directors
- Dunbar Eye Associates, August 1988 – July 2021
- West Virginia Board of Optometry State License